WHAT IS ORPHAN CARE?
Love Life Orphan Care are Christians committed to personally ending the local orphan crisis in their city by placing every foster child in a Godly home.
“A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families…” -Psalm 68:5-6
At 22 years old, she became a foster mom...
Carina knew she wanted to do something to care for orphans, but being young and single, she wasn't sure how she could help. After attending an orphan care vision night, she realized she would be able to foster or, at the very least, provide respite care. Once of age, she began the process of becoming licensed. It wasn't an easy road, but the Lord was with her every step of the way. Once licensed, she received a call asking if she would take in a medically fragile baby. She said yes, and since then, the Lord has not only been working through her but working in her through Baby J.
If you are intrested in getting involved in foster care and adoption, click the link below to sign up and learn more!
WHY IS ORPHAN CARE NEEDED?
• Of the 400,000 children in foster care across the US, more than 100,000 of them are waiting to be adopted.
• Children and youth enter foster care because they have been abused, neglected, or abandoned by their parents or guardians.
• 50% of children in the foster care system will drop out of high school.
• Each year, approximately 20,000 youth will age out of the foster care system when they turn 18 or 21, or when they finish high school (depending upon the state in which they live.)
• Of the children who are never adopted: 1 in 5 become homeless, 71% under 21 become pregnant, 1 in 4 experience PTSD, many end up addicted to drugs or in jail
What the Process Looks Like
- Families decide which agency to use; we can help recommend the right fit
- Complete Application and Background Check
- Attend MAPP Class (Model Approach to Partnerships and Parenting)
- Complete Home Study / Safety Inspections / Receive license from the state
- Begin accepting child placements in your home
- Expected timeline: 5-8 months to become licensed to foster or adopt.